Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Maybelline Urban Cover Foundation in 356 Warm Coconut

Twist N Turn by Popcaan, Drake & PartyNextDoor

I like Maybelline products, but the verdict is still out on this ...


Dream Urban Cover in 356 Warm Coconut

Their Claims: To protect your skin with SPF 50 and is enriched with anti-oxidants to reinforce your skin's natural defence against harsh weather conditions and pollution. Offers full coverage but with a lightweight feel. 
Undertone: Quite orangey but, once it's applied there is a  little "greyness" but it doesn't look ashy
Consistency: Very potent colour, and whilst it is quite liquid there is a thickness to it - in terms of spreadability.  
Packaging: Comes in a plastic squeeze tube which is very hygienic, portable and mess-free.
Scent: Smells like yoghurt.
Finish: Has a dewy radiant finish. 

From bare skin - to a light application - to slightly blending it out (I used my fingers to lightly blend it out)

Wear: My first experience with this was horrendous - I found that the foundation creased/separated/sat around/in my smile lines, accentuating them to Jack Nicholson joker levels and I was left greasier than the average lips after eating a fried chicken box dinner (that's greasy). Yet, the more I begrudgingly worked with it, the more I began to appreciate its virtues. I mean it's not every day that I get to wear such a high SPF as a dark skin person in my foundation, and whilst it does have physical sunscreen ingredients - it actually photographs beautifully (with and without flash). 

Now, to avoid totally looking like I'm 40 years my senior *cries in TLC* I can do several things - like apply a primer before application, powder lightly after using it, and apply less product or no product around areas of concern, but it all else fails using a dewy mist can rehydrate my tired/stress skin to its exuberant self. This foundation is geared towards normal to dry skin types, so as an oily-combination skin, this makes me shiny in about two seconds flat if I leave it to its own devices - so, I've learnt not to. Even using a dewy mist actually helps to make this foundation look better instead of greasy + separating - it can just look ... dewy (oily).

Current Thoughts - This is a classic tale of trial and error with a foundation. If you had asked me my initial thoughts after purchasing it, I would've said this foundation was worthy to be binned but, now after testing it with other products - I can see its benefits. Yet, even with all my tips/tricks/twist and turns - it still has its problems. However, if it can at the very least help to protect the skin from pollutants and provide some SPF benefit then all the extra hoop-jumping will be worth it. 

My Tips
  • I like to use a brush or sponge to apply it - the finish is more even and I think it helps it last on the skin longer (improves wear).
  • I found that when I'm healthier (drinking water/rested/not as stressed) this foundation works looks better and doesn't "separate" as much. So, get you're rest and water intake in. 
  • If you're oily - using a powder to set the majority of your face will help to set the foundation but, avoid fine line areas as the foundation still may separate making you look both oily and dry

Okay, so that's all that I can think of for now. I try to use this as my everyday round the way foundation to bolster my sunscreen rather than my street cred so, if and when it does produce the extra shine - I'm not too sad about it. 

Price: £10.99

Have you tried this foundation?
Any Tips?

Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar